The mission of the East Columbia Basin Irrigation District is to provide reliable Columbia Basin Project irrigation water to East Columbia Basin Irrigation District lands at a sustainable cost for landowners.
The values of the East Columbia Basin Irrigation District include:
- Continue to provide a reliable water supply to our landowners while maintaining and enhancing the federal facilities we are contracted to operate.
- Continue to develop facilities that supply CBP water to lands awaiting a CBP water supply.
- Deliver CBP water to 90,000 acres of land included in the Odessa Groundwater Replacement Program that are currently irrigated by private wells.
- Continue to work on developing the remaining lands within the District to reach its maximum development of 472,000 acres through continued development of the Columbia Basin Project.
- Remain a desirable workplace for locally produced employees and find more ways to attract and retain talented.
- Improve public relations with landowners, elected officials, regulators and the general public.
- Continue to improve our safety culture through safety compliance and operational improvements.
- Advocate for policies and regulations that support the District’s mission.